Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Delivered

Just finished a book more noteworthy than just about any other book I've read. Ever.

This book is not a literary masterpiece, nor is it capable of changing the world at large. This book, however, changed me.


I have not found a single other piece of literature that so eloquently captures all the pieces of this "disorder" from it's fundamental aspects right down to it's quirks.

I cannot describe what reading this book did for me. All I can say is I found myself one day I sitting on the floor of a Barnes and Nobles crying over this book. "Finally," I remember thinking, "finally someone has put into words what I have felt my entire life. Finally, I'm not alone." It was fate.



As an adult with diagnosed Attention Deficit Disorder, I am so thankful to have read those pages and to have gleaned all I did. I have been inspired to pursue a career in mental health and I hope to be an expert in this field so I too can bring hope to those who are suffering with A.D.D.

Because of this book, I realize that I am not living with a disorder. I am living with a specific way of thinking, dreaming, creating, and envisioning. My way of thinking has the capacity to take me to the moon if harnessed correctly. I intend to continue sharpening my strengths, and mitigate anything else.

If you have Attention Deficit Disorder, or know someone who does.. please read this book, and share it. It's brought so much hope and healing in this specific area of my life.


To Better Tomorrows,

K


No comments:

Post a Comment