Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm a Warrior in My Head

I'm a Warrior in my head. I am courageous, deeply passionate, dangerously outspoken and ruthlessly unapologetic. Outside of my head? Well, that's a different story. In the real world I'm not exactly a warrior. I might have bright spots where my passion outweighs my fear, and my courage beats my timidity, but by and large the lesser wins. Why? Why can I be so full of life inside, and so demur outside? Is this simply a reflection of my introverted personality, or is it something more?

These are things I have been thinking about in my life recently. Where can my imagination and personality fit in a world that overlooks it so easily? I'm not an up front and center kind of person, and I'm not showy, but I also don't want to go through life completely unnoticed, so where do I fit? 

Even though I have been thinking over these questions I have not come to any definitive answers. What I do think is my courage needs to be worked like a muscle. I need to use it regularly in order to make it grow stronger. The more I use it, the more it grows, and the more familiar it feels to me. I think I need to do more things I am passionate about and that passion will speak louder than I can.

Are there any warrior-like qualities you exhibit?


To the Warriors within,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment