Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hugs & Dinner

I'm a part of a very special family. The kind of family you aren't born into, but they make you feel just as special as if you were. The kind of family whose door (and kitchen) is always open; the kind of family who makes you feel so at home, you forget for a while you're not.

Meet the Sovereigns:





Recently, I had to write an essay on my faith. Within the essay I had to describe people who have impacted my spiritual journey. This is an excerpt I wrote about Greg and Ashley:

"I must mention Greg and Ashley Sovereign. This couple ministers full time to college students at Arcadia University. They raise 100% of their support as missionaries, and do so while raising three children. Their faith is massive, and their lives are reflective of their faith. The Sovereign’s ministry to my life has been instrumental in shaping my college years, and I do not know what I would have done without them. They have helped me see that every single part of my life belongs to God and can be used for him."

This is just a small piece of what Greg and Ashley have done and continue to do for me, and many students at Arcadia University. I know their home is a place where I'm always welcome for dinner (whether they have enough food or not), and their hugs are always available, whether I knew I needed them or not.

These people live raw, real lives, often sacrificing privacy and comfort in exchange for others to know about this God they serve. The commitment and tenacity with which they follow Jesus is incredible to see. I am privileged to call them my friends, and I am down right lucky to know them as family.

Ash Sov & I at an Arcadia Alumna's wedding.


What peace it is to know I have a family like this, what peace it is to know that no matter what, I am welcome to a hug and some dinner, I am welcome home.
 


To hugs, dinners, and family,

K



No comments:

Post a Comment